Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: N985MK S7 STI Build

Cool N985MK S7 STI Build

Hey everyone I wanted to get my Build Thread Going! Today I sent a wire transfer to Kitfox for my Kit. It is scheduled to ship out of Idaho on 6/19! As a little history I began flying about five years ago and I have Private with Instrument Rating. Currently working on my Tailwheel endorsement flying a Aeronca Champ. I owned a Cirrus SR-20 from 2016 until April of this year. I was getting sick of the Maintenance costs of the Cirrus and wanted to go experimental! I am excited to build something that is truly my own and have a lot fun along the way. I truly love Aviation and look forward to all that is in store for the build. Current plan is to go with the Rotax 915 other than that I have a lot to figure out! I will be building at my home in my 22x20 garage and my wife insists that she is able to park inside. I am not sure how well that will go but I have seen guys on here do it with less. I even went a little crazy and ordered a new Best Tugs A3 with my proposed paint scheme. DA4C633C-9B67-448F-BCBF-05E8EC8E656A_1_201_a.jpg
    Instagram- N985MK

Kitfox S7 STI - Building...Hope to be flying Fall 2023!

Default Re: N985MK S7 STI Build

Welcome, you will enjoy the journey. There is a lot of help from folks on this site, they are eager to help.

Good luck! I am down the road a bit from you. Text me if you have questions.

Scott

Welcome aboard!
    Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive. — Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul Zipper 110hp, G3x avionics, ss7 upgrades

All I am very happy to report that my Kit has left the Factory ! Have not heard from the truck driver but lets hope he gets it here soon! Kitfox said the driver had one stop in Utah then direct to SW Michigan!The factory sent over some pictures from them rigging my wings. Getting Excited!! Big Thanks to all the crew at Kitfox for the hardwork that went into crafting this kit for me!

full plane birds nest.jpg marking bracket.jpglaser line up.jpgwing removal right.PNGwing removal left.PNGName badge.jpg
    Instagram- N985MK

Big congrats!!! The quick build wing is a thing of beauty and in my opinion the best “option” on the order form.
    Enjoy your build Mathew.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Sweet! If pre-rigged wings were an option when I got my pre-built wings I wish I had known it. I still have palpitations when people post questions about the rigging. I don't like to look back at the pictures of mine at that stage either. Wierd. Enjoy the build!
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Maybe I am an engineering nerd, but I really enjoyed rigging my own wings. It felt like I was actually doing something besides just assembly work, and that it was important to the flight characteristics. It also gave me a good understanding of how to tweak the rigging for a slightly heavy left wing during Phase I flight tests. Don't get me wrong, its also very satisfying to build your own plane with all the factory prefab and prerig options. I just want to encourage anyone facing the rigging task that it is not difficult, just follow the directions carefully and you will be very pleased on that maiden flight.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Awesome! I loved it when the factory sent us pictures. It felt like there was light at the end of the tunnel.....which turned out to be the start of the tunnel!
    Last edited by Shadowrider; 06-25-2020 at 12:05 PM.
    Dustin Dickerson

Building 7ss STI x 2
    Oratex
    29" shock monster
    EP912STI 155hp
    Garmin
    N33TF......FLYING!
    N53TF......FLYING!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowrider View Post
    On the STI wing its not an option.
    I think what you meant is the Wings are "Quick Build" not an option. Wing Rigging to Fuse is definitely an option and I have the receipt to prove it.
    Instagram- N985MK