Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Radiator airflow/duct design? (pictures welcome)

Default Radiator airflow/duct design? (pictures welcome)

So I got to the engine cowling area on my simulator model and it's starting to confuse me. I know there's a large NACA duct on the bottom that leads into a sort of shroud over the radiator, but I can't seem to figure out how the radiator actually mounts up. Is it just placed roughly in the path of the airflow, or are there parts of the cowling that extend all the way back to the radiator itself to duct the air into it? Or are both of those wrong? Pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Radiator airflow/duct design? (pictures welcome)

Does your “simulator” actually have a radiator? Just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ben Bell
    Building 7 super sport
    O200 powered

Actual radiator physics? Not to the point that I need to make sure everything is the right size down to the millimeter. But in terms of engine details? Yes. They're very much something I do. Plus if I do it the wrong way, it'll probably just look a touch off. I need to put a radiator on because the NACA on the front opens up to it, so it'd be visible, directly ducted or not.

I think you might be noticing a reluctance to provide information. Things such as a radiator mounting can be researched so easily on this forum. gobs of pics on here. Maybe, just maybe, you might be served well by working with the folks who own and have engineered the design. I have personally provided pics of my plane from all angles when the last guy was here trying to build a simulator. We have never seen any of the results. Wonder why that is?
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

I tried contacting the company themselves, twice, and I never got anywhere. Not even an automated response.