Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Dremel tool?

Default Dremel tool?

Does anyone have any recommendations on a dremel tool? Just curious as I have a pretty light duty "hobby" one and just wondering what people recommend or have had good success with.

Thanks.

Default Re: Dremel tool?

I have 2 Dremel tools, a 4000 and a older one that refuses to die and no longer sold. One is set up with a sanding band and the
    other with a cutoff wheel or cutter. There are others brands but I have no experience with them.
    The Dremel 4000 is the one I use the most. It's the most powerful. It's a good quality machine plus all the Dremel attachments
    and accessories fit correctly. A claim other machines cannot make. Yeah it's more expensive, but it will serve you well. You'll use it
    a lot and for other jobs as well. I use the carbide cutters, the reinforced cutoff wheels and the sanding bands the most. FYI - the
    Dremel sanding bands last a lot longer than the cheap knock off's.

All the best!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive. — Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul Zipper 110hp, G3x avionics, ss7 upgrades

Default Re: Dremel tool?

I have one of the original Dremel tools, for which I think I have most all of the various accessories for. It sure made my Model IV-1200.build easier in many tasks, that's for sure!
    Grover Wright
    Flying a KF IV-1200
    ROTAX 912UL