Perhaps a little information on me would assist in any advise you folks may provide. I've toyed with the idea of a STOL aircraft for some time now and attended 2 EAA AirVentures in Oshkosh several years ago but didn't do anything. I've been flying since 1982 starting with a Warrior, then Turbo Arrow and have had a Seneca II since 2003. I'm IFR rated but fly less and less as time goes on and I'm now 75 years old and retired in the Canadian Rockies. I now only fly VFR and take the Seneca to Phoenix for the winters. If I buy a STOL I would keep the Seneca for cross country and use the STOL for sightseeing, etc. in the Rockies so I need good performance, preferably a engine with turbo. My preference would be tricycle gear as I've flown my brother's citabria and feel more comfortable with tricycle and like side by side seating - although we have a 6,000 foot runway here it's the only option and crosswinds can be an issue. I realize tricycle gear limits the landing options.

MY budget is around US$100,000 and prefer to buy something already built - this might be unrealistic. I'd love to have a new one with a quick build but the price soars. I like the Kitfox and it appears it would be a good option but the price is limiting and not many for sale - a Zenith 750 may also be an option (assuming you can get by the looks) and there are a few for sale and within my budget.

I've posted this on EAA as well but would appreciate comments/suggestions from Kitfox owners/builders?
Thx
Bob