Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: MK2 Seat Pan and Control Rods rubbing

Default MK2 Seat Pan and Control Rods rubbing

Hello all

I'm just about finished putting a MK2 back together.

One of the issues I have is the control linkages rub on the underneath of the GRP seat pan. The build manual suggests bending the linkages to clear the seat pan, which appears to have already been done, but they still rub and have been for a while based on the lack of paint on the rods and the polished areas on the underside of the pan!

Over in the classified @7eacflyer was looking for a replacement pan and @atosrider suggests sagging is a known problem. https://teamkitfox.com/Forums/thread...-or-3-Seat-Pan

Has anyone got any advice on how to repair, strengthen the original style seat pans to prevent this sagging. Note, I'm in the UK and while I can repair something without too much hassle, if I start modifying seat configurations or supporting methods, I have to start documenting it and requesting modification approvals from our National authority. So, it needs to end up looking pretty much stock!

I appreciate any thoughts.

Default Re: MK2 Seat Pan and Control Rods rubbing

076.jpg I attached wood blocks to the tubing with Hysol on my SS7 to prevent seat pan sagging and cracking. Not sure if this would work on your MK2.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Default Re: MK2 Seat Pan and Control Rods rubbing

IMG_1214.jpg

On my Model 3, I have these straps to support the seat pan. Besides extra support, the protect the controls in case the seat pan should break loose in a hard landing.

Ralph