Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser CPS Parts EarthX Batteries Kitplane Parts

Thread: WTB Oil pressure sensor. Rotax 912/914

Default WTB Oil pressure sensor. Rotax 912/914

Hi everyone, does anyone have a rotax OE oil pressure sensor. Probably part number papa-21y81649.99
    this in not the vdo style. Thanks Mike

Default Re: WTB Oil pressure sensor. Rotax 912/914

Does the oil pressure sender you want have 4 prongs for the wire connection? I have one of those that I believe works. Would have used it myself, but don't have the wire plug for it. JImChuk

Quote Originally Posted by avidflyer View Post
    Does the oil pressure sender you want have 4 prongs for the wire connection? I have one of those that I believe works. Would have used it myself, but don't have the wire plug for it. JImChuk
    Hi I think Iím looking for a three wire sensor? Do you have a part number I will see if I can use it?
    i have several vdo style if anyone need one

Lightbulb Re: WTB Oil pressure sensor. Rotax 912/914

I had it in my hand yesterday and put it somewhere where it wouldn't get lost... the hunt continues. JImChuk
    PS. On the plus side, My work bench is a good bit cleaner the it was

The new Rotax ones are variable current (mA) output, 3 wires, and are incompatible with certain older gauges. The VDO style are variable resistance with 2 wires.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE

I found it while looking for something else... I can't make out the part number cause the label is mostly gone, but here are a couple of pics of it. JImChuk
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like the earlier style like I have on my model 4. Donít know if it will work or not?
    I ended up getting one off eBay with the harness. Thanks for looking though.

I'm in the process of wiring up my MGL E1 engine monitor at the moment. I bought a Swift oil pressure sender from Aircraft spruce for the 912, and can't figure out how to program it to the engine monitor. If I knew what the 4 terminals did on my Rotax sender, I would try to jury rig a plug to fit it and put it to use. Any ideas anyone? Thanks, JImChuk

Quote Originally Posted by avidflyer View Post
    Hi Jim, Iím looking for a transducer like the one you have. I believe it is Honeywell part number 9306103 or Newark Part Number 62M8673. 4 wires with a tapered thread. Please let me know if you still have it. I sent you a PM but not sure you received it?

Thanks

John

I got the PM and just replied to it. JImChuk