Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: KFIV 1200 Aerocet 1100 amphib float Info

Default KFIV 1200 Aerocet 1100 amphib float Info

Hey everyone,
    A few quick questions about mounting my KFIV on Aerocet 1100 amphibs. I bought the plane last summer I have been having a blast. I am getting ready to mount it on the floats. I don’t think it’s ever been on floats. I am the 4th owner. The 2nd owner bought the floats with good intentions but it never happened. I did an inventory of all the parts from an old copy of the float mounting instructions. It seems I have almost everything except the: water rudder cable brackets left and right (part #65014/65015). Kitfox aircraft is sending them. However I can’t tell where they go. The pictures are very dark from too many copies. Can anyone tell me or show some pictures of where they go? Kitfox is also sending me the Rudder retract lever hook (part#62705). Any mounting location, pictures would be appreciated. And last is the rudder retract cable bracket (part#65013). Kitfox doesn’t have any of these and I can’t see the picture. I need to make one and figure out where it goes. I think it is a guide/pulley somewhere near the door frame that redirects the retract cable up to the lever arm. Again, any info would be helpful.
    Oh, one more thing. I need the height of the tail when on the floats with the amphib gear down to ensure it will fit in the hangar.
    thanks so much. Stay safe everyone.
    Regards. Opie

Default Re: KFIV 1200 Aerocet 1100 amphib float Info

OPIE, PAUL S. is our resident float expert especially with regards to a model 4 on Aerocet 1100s. He has a lot of experience with this set up and has assisted several folks interested in floating their Kitfox.
    Paul hasn’t logged on for a while but likely his contact info will still work. The blue link below will take you to his personal profile page.
    On the left side of his profile page right below his avatar photo of his yellow model 4 on floats, you should find his email link.
    Give it a try and hopefully he will answer. Also do a search on this site for Aerocet floats and there should be much reading for you.
    Good luck. Sounds like a fun.

av8rps

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Opie, my KF is on the same floats, which I strapped on myself. Been operating for 5 years since. Pics avail. PM me.

Thanks to those who replied. Tons of help. My floats are rigged and should get mounted on the plane next week. One more question. Does anyone know the “fish mouth”? Or the angle between the Aerocet float tops and the doorframe reference? I guess another way to know is the length of the front and rear struts (bolt head to bolt head). I’m not sure if mine are correct and that Angle of attack needs to be correct. Thanks again. Fly safe out there.
    Opie