Hey everyone,
A few quick questions about mounting my KFIV on Aerocet 1100 amphibs. I bought the plane last summer I have been having a blast. I am getting ready to mount it on the floats. I don’t think it’s ever been on floats. I am the 4th owner. The 2nd owner bought the floats with good intentions but it never happened. I did an inventory of all the parts from an old copy of the float mounting instructions. It seems I have almost everything except the: water rudder cable brackets left and right (part #65014/65015). Kitfox aircraft is sending them. However I can’t tell where they go. The pictures are very dark from too many copies. Can anyone tell me or show some pictures of where they go? Kitfox is also sending me the Rudder retract lever hook (part#62705). Any mounting location, pictures would be appreciated. And last is the rudder retract cable bracket (part#65013). Kitfox doesn’t have any of these and I can’t see the picture. I need to make one and figure out where it goes. I think it is a guide/pulley somewhere near the door frame that redirects the retract cable up to the lever arm. Again, any info would be helpful.
Oh, one more thing. I need the height of the tail when on the floats with the amphib gear down to ensure it will fit in the hangar.
thanks so much. Stay safe everyone.
Regards. Opie