I haven't posted in a bit but I have been moving forward, mostly with the logistics and preparation. A few shots here and it has improved since then. After making structural improvements on the garage I sheeted most of the walls with OSB and primed everything. I added LED lighting and three strategically located outlets. I set up a charging station for various electric tools. I bought a big roll around tool chest to use as a bench and to store the majority of my automotive tools. It won't actually be moved except to retrieve FOD. In a stroke of OCD insanity I used my label maker to identify every drawer.
IMG_20200517_190907.jpg

IMG_20200525_202252.jpg
I loathe peg board but put some up anyway. We had some gray paint left over from another project which my girlfriend encouraged me to use up, so that's what is going on there. You can see my charging station to the right under one of the new outlets. That is an antique dynamite crate I bought when I was a single dude. New tools include the 4' digital level and a good 4' straight edge. The yellow plastic level is junk more suitable for playing whiffle ball than establishing either straight or level. I've got a real nice 6' level in my hangar that I'll be replacing it with. Not visible are the Milwaukee die grinder, angle grinder and pop rivet gun.

I also went through the list of builder tools and realized I wasn't going to get very far before obtaining some of them. After doing some online shopping I came to the conclusion that the Kitfox prices on Hysol, Clecos, drill bits, reamers, swage tools, etc. are quite competitive with the rest of the world, so that became my second order. I also bought a ton of clamps.

IMG_20200531_200806.jpg
I then bought a smaller roll around tool cart to have next to me while working on the plane. Then I pulled out the bins of hardware that came with the project. Pro tip: Don't drive around for three weeks in your sporty SUV with those in the back even if they're shrink wrapped. My first new skill was learning to identify pop rivets and AN hardware. In doing so I learned quite a bit, including identifying and cross referencing everything.
IMG_20200531_200703.jpg
The manual starts with flight controls so that's what I did too. Part of my hardware identification skills came when I disassembled everything and measured every fastener, checked torque and measured any dimensions that were left to the builder to fabricate. It was going along swimmingly until I came to the white parts on the bench, which you'll all recognize as the rudder pedal/brake pedal attach brackets. They look fine but had several dimensional issues.

Another email to Kitfox resulted in an order for prefabricated parts, which are now in hand. While those were on the way I flew to the east coast to ferry a Cardinal RG back to Seattle for a friend/previous student of mine. He and his wife had been on vacation in St Maarten and were "stranded" when the pandemic struck. They were finally able to get a repatriation flight to the US, and in the meantime Mike had bought this plane sight unseen. The trip started with gear retraction issues (fixed on the ground and test flown satisfactorily), then radio issues (solve in the air) and some typical Cessna gauge issues. Then throw in some of the craziest weather along our route of flight, we finally arrived in KBFI after 24.1 hours of flight time. The last pic shown below is SW of Casper, WY where we had a ground speed of 28 knots. It was a rough ride. We had two times we landed to wait for thunderstorms to blow over us and fought some marginal VFR across Idaho.
IMG_20200604_200905-01.jpg
Screenshot_20200608-081216.jpg
IMG_20200606_184719-01.jpg