Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Cowl question: Conversion from NSI Subaru to 912 ULS

Default Cowl question: Conversion from NSI Subaru to 912 ULS

Greetings all. I'm in the early stages of converting my model IV #1200 from the NSI Subaru to A Rotax 912 ULS. I seem to recall reading once that NSI supplied the full FWF back in the day. I'm wondering if any of you can recall if included the cowl or is my current one the "standard kitfox round cowl". In short....I'm wondering if I need to order a new cowl for my conversion. I also thought I would inquire if anyone had anything they were looking to sell such an engine mount, prop, etc. Still in the planning phase so I'm opened to suggestions and options. Thanks!

Default Re: Cowl question: Conversion from NSI Subaru to 912 ULS

Hi I am in same situation as you are hard to find info what’s involved in the swap over
    maybe post in general discussion forum
    will keep in contact if I find any info. Will call kitfox next week to order engine mount
    Griff

Sounds good Griff! I will keep posting on my progress as well!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by avgas View Post
    Greetings all. I'm in the early stages of converting my model IV #1200 from the NSI Subaru to A Rotax 912 ULS. I seem to recall reading once that NSI supplied the full FWF back in the day. I'm wondering if any of you can recall if included the cowl or is my current one the "standard kitfox round cowl". In short.... Thanks!
    Did you end up doing the subaru to 912 swap?

Quote Originally Posted by hoki View Post
    Hi I am in same situation as you are hard to find info what’s involved in the swap over
    maybe post in general discussion forum
    will keep in contact if I find any info. Will call kitfox next week to order engine mount
    Griff
    Did you end up doing the subaru to 912 swap?