Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rim sizes

Default Re: Rim sizes

I just saw a pair of the Nanco tires on ebay last week for $86.99, just looked again, that price includes shipping in the US. JImChuk

Thanx for the feedback Guy's. I would appreciate if you can send me a photo Tiaan. I haven't bought the tyres nor the rims want to make sure it is a viable workable option. The 547 being a high speed tyre with more of chevron pattern not being too agressive to rip off pieces I think. Do you land on Tar strips with your Dominators?

I just purchased a Kitfox II and it already has tundra tires on it. Told not to used these on paved runways. What is the standard rim and tire size and style to use on asphalt. And where is the best place to obtain them?

Hi JPM

Mostly a 6" Rim is std however you can basically put on what you want. Both my Microlights have 8" rims and Kenda tires. My Bushbaby has 6" rims at the moment . I am going to change to increase to 8" with Kenda 22" 547 High speed tires. That will give me better ground clearance especially if I get a flat tire. That is my opinion.

FYI - When I converted to a taildragger I put on the Desser Smooth Tundra Tire - 27.5/10-8

Tailgear2.jpg

Regards
    Rodney

Quote Originally Posted by Wingover1 View Post
    I came upon a possible solution to my Prop Ground Clearance problem by fitting 22×10-8 Kenda 547 tires. Can anyone tell me if and why it can't work. There will more drag being a wider tire but that is the only negative I can think of and bit heavier than the 6x800
    In researching I see this tire is offered as a rear tire and a different front tire pattern, which one should be used.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney View Post
    FYI - When I converted to a taildragger I put on the Desser Smooth Tundra Tire - 27.5/10-8

Tailgear2.jpg

Regards
    Rodney
    Hi Rodney.
    Do you know
    What they weigh more or less. Thank you for your nice photo now I can actually see what they will look like on my plane the width will be also 10 but not as big being a 22". on the 8" rim. Last 2 questions how do they effect your cruising speed and flight caracteristics.

Quote Originally Posted by JustPlaneMike View Post
    In researching I see this tire is offered as a rear tire and a different front tire pattern, which one should be used.
    JPM The smoother the better for gravel strips so you dont get too much stone and debris being picked up and hitting your stap and elevator. Cutting off knobbly's is not an option because you will have the same problem mentioned before that changing the structure will result in the tires going out of round. So even if the back tires are wider the pattern is much smoother so the back ones. Rodneys plane's tires are a 10" also.