Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8485455565758

Thread: STI Farm Fox Build Log

Default Re: STI Farm Fox Build Log

Harlan,

Not to beat this subject to death, but I believe that these filters are not designed to bypass if the filter screen is clogged... the spring is simply there to hold the screen securely in place. I think that it is designed to capture foreign material on the outer surface of the screen assembly. It's obviously easier to see and clean the outer surface, and I've seen many fuel filters that are designed exactly like that.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Ok John, I thought the spring was a bypass but in my mind I questioned there being enough suction to make the spring bypass. If it's just a spring-loaded screen it really doesn't matter. I have been cleaning the inside of the screen the way it was. The outside of the screen, the way I have it plumbed now, is much easier to clean and that's the way all of our farm sprayer screens are. Thanks.
    Last edited by Kitfox Pilot; 03-18-2024 at 04:07 PM.
    Harlan and Susan Payne
    Sold Piper Archer
    Flying FarmFox STI Kitfox N61HP
    Rotax 915is, Airmaster prop
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5A...oCVUP15G0uB-Yw

Well then, mine is backwards so thanks for beating the horse cuz I feel it wasn’t dead. Flow from outside in explains the support spring on the inside. I agree. maintenance is a problem. I wish now that I had turned mine around. I guess I’ll be the one to see if the innards can be flipped.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X