Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kitfox Speedster!

Thumbs up Kitfox Speedster!

Hi all of you,

I am wondering about the shortfield performance of the Speedster.. The shorter wing etc. How it effects the shortfield landings and T/o´s.

You ,I have this dream of perhabs having the IV Speedster one day, but I enjoy landings out in the nature, sometimes with not to long landing strip. The stall speed, is it much higher? Thanks.

Kind regards
    Hallgrimur TF-124

Default Re: Kitfox Speedster!

That is the advantage of flaperons ,..the speedster will still land short and take off short when applying a little flaperon,..it just takes practice

Chase

Thanks alot for your reply!
    > So the Speedster looses very little of the stol capabillity the older models have.. Are there any difference in movement of the flaperons then?? (I use the flapperon always for shortfield land)

Kind regds
    hallgrimur

I never measured where the vasi lights are on our runway, but I can land stop and do a 180 taxiback at the vasi lights, that's with calm winds and no flaps, 3 point of course. My stall is right at 37mph clean. I do have VG's.
    steve
    slyfox
    model IV 1200-flying
    912uls
    IVO medium in-flight
    RV7A-flying
    IO-360
    constant speed prop

Thumbs up Re: Kitfox Speedster!

Thanks you guys,
    The 37 mph tells it all. I will be looking for a IV Speedster (possibly) in the early spring of 2010.. If such a plane would be somwhere in the mid-west or further away from the east cost I would probably fly it to Boston or even Halifax to be shipped to Iceland.. Lets see what happens, but again Chase & Steve thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. Happy new year to you and your families!

Kind regards
    Hallgrimur TF-124