Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Marine Sta-Bil fuel additive

Default Marine Sta-Bil fuel additive

Well it has finally happened. The last gas station in my town has switched to alcohol fuel. I am going to try and find a marina to buy non alcohol fuel but it might be too far away. In the meantime I have purchased a bottle of green Sta-Bil which is specified for fuel containing alcohol. The bottle says it will prevent water seperation,corrosion,etc. Has anyone used it with good results ? I have decided to continue with auto fuel but am somewhat concerned about the effect on my tanks and hoses. Will this stuff prevent possible deterioration ?
    Thanks,
    Dick

Default Re: Marine Sta-Bil fuel additive

I put pink stabil in my kitfox a few weeks ago, maybe I should look into the blue. I have a 3/8 hose about 5ft long that I stick in my tanks to drain them. I also put a 1/4 slot at the end so I can stick my air blower in there to start the sifening action, saves me from getting fuel in the mouth. Works great, that way I can keep fresh fuel in the tanks.
    steve
    slyfox
    model IV 1200-flying
    912uls
    IVO medium in-flight
    RV7A-flying
    IO-360
    constant speed prop

Default Re: Marine Sta-Bil fuel additive

Steve ,..that same hose set up with the hole in it a couple inches from the user end can be used for a vacuum cleaner in tight areas ,..I use that system all the time prior to painting anything that has tight areas you can't get a regular vacuum tip into..

another trick for those that use oxy/acetolyne torches ,..if you have a tip that keeps popping,..get the tip hot ..have a bucket of water ready ,..stick the whole tip head in the water and hit the oxygen lever at the same time ,..it will clean all the crap out of the tip ,

another trick,..if your going to braze anything ..take a lead pencil and draw a line next to where your brazing ,..the braze won't cross the line making
    for a very nice looking braze job,..

ha ha sorry couldn't help myself ,..any trick that makes doing a project easier is a good thing

Chase