Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I've Been a Lurker

Default Re: I've Been a Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Delta Whisky View Post
    So, two generations learned from the elder. And, that is how it should be.
    So true. When your dad is a Master Chief Machinist Mate (that's a black shoe and if you REALLY want to get technical; a snipe or one who works below deck) then things are done one way and only one way. He taught me a lot that made it much easier for me when it was my turn to go to sea and probably a lot more in the grand scheme of things.

In U.S. Navy jargon, "gouge" is the essential piece of information; the heart of the matter; or outstanding test-preparation material (such as an old test copy). A person who is tired of hearing all the extraneous information surrounding a problem might exclaim, "Just give me the gouge!" Originated at the U.S. Naval Academy and introduced from there into the wider Navy, where it sees less frequent usage.
    Perfect explanation!! Thanks.

Geek

I used the term gouge last week on another forum and people were stymied about its meaning too. Now you guys have the gouge on the word gouge.
    Dave
    KitFox 6 Taildragger
    912 ULS
    Whirlwind 70” Prop
    Garmin G3x
    All around nice guy

Well then. I dont feel so stupid.

Thanks for the education. I can say I learned something today and I've only been awake for 1 hour.
    SS7 O-200 Whirlwind