Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I've Been a Lurker

Default I've Been a Lurker

It's true. Been one for awhile waiting for March of 2021 when John and Debra kick my kit to the curb and I can say I am a STi builder.

In my lurking time I have been collecting quotes and pics from various posts on the forum as well as other places to have as a reference when I got to building. The result of that collection has turned out to be a 50 something page document. Originally I was doing this just for me when I got my kit and could start building. However my wife (the smarter one of us) made the observation that others who are starting now may like to look at it too and it might help them out. Sort of like getting some of the answers to the quiz before taking it. The bad news is that when I started out, I didn't attribute the quotes and pics to the multiple sources. I have since gone back and tried to fill those in but there are many in there that aren't annotated. I am also still adding stuff in.

So my question is do I put this doc up on the forum and risk hurt feelings cause I quoted their post and didn't give credit or just keep it for myself. Opinions?

Thanks

Geek
    STi Lurker
    Leavenworth, WA

Default Re: I've Been a Lurker

Sounds like a great thing to post! You could always put a disclaimer at the top, similar in wording to your post. Ask people to claim credit for the information so that it can be better traced back to its educational source.

Hi Geek,
    Send me a pm and we could talk about are upcoming build ideas and not bother anyone. I am supposed to get my kit in June but don’t know with this thing going on. Have all my ideas set too. I have wanted to build for a long time. Jim
    ps I’m in Puyallup
    Starfox

I can only speak for myself but I'm pretty sure all who post here do so for the benefit of others - it isn't done for credit or attribution. My vote - post.

Thanks for the input. I know some of your stuff is in this thing.

G

I concur. Post it.
    The down side, Im going to be jealous and Im going to see stuff that I wish I had done.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Post it... I should have a pile of parts arriving in my garage in April!

Well I went to upload it and it's almost three times the size that's allowed. Even zipping it won't help that. Will try and figure out how to try and do this.

G

Perhaps do it in installments. Maybe Steve (Desertfox4) or Larry (av8r3400) could offer some assistance.

Rick

I'll play with that and how cut up it would get. Good idea.

G