Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Jury Strut Streamlined Clamp doesn't fit

Default Jury Strut Streamlined Clamp doesn't fit

I've run into another hardware issue. The jury strut clamps for the streamlined lift struts are pretty wonky. The front clamps are a bit long and will need to be shimmed with rubber. That is not a biggie.

The rear clamps however are too short. The provided bolts are not long enough to span the gap. I thought that it may be the masking tape but I even tried without it. I even tried to squeeze them closer with vice grips. I have temporarily solved the problem by salvaging longer bolts from elsewhere in the kit but I will need a more permanent solution.

Should I have kitfox send me longer bolts? Or just get new clamps all together?

I should say that if I do get longer bolts, I will need to space the gap in the clamp with washers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Roger
    Building
    STi, 912is

Default Re: Jury Strut Streamlined Clamp doesn't fit

Just an update on this. The factory said that there may have been a problem with the fixture so they are sending me new clamps. Hopefully that solves the problem.
    Roger
    Building
    STi, 912is