Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Our Kitfox factory

Default Our Kitfox factory

We are about 3 weeks away from hopefully getting a Kitfox kit so we thought we better get ready.
    We went to town and got a load of board insulation and some lumber and went to work. Cleaning out the corner of the barn was the worst part.
    We framed up a 24x36 temporary room that will serve as our Kitfox factory for as long as need be. The center 12ft section of the front wall is a removable door panel.
    Built 4 harbor freight wing rotisseries this afternoon while it rained us out again. We'll finish those when we get the wings for final measurements.
    Harbor freight has those dollies for 7.99 which was cheaper than I could buy the wheels I needed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Our Kitfox factory

That's going to be a nice shop Harlan. Lots of room. With that nice insulation you could even air condition it for this summer.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox4 View Post
    That's going to be a nice shop Harlan. Lots of room. With that nice insulation you could even air condition it for this summer.
    Thanks Steve, I will be looking up a window ac to put in there this summer for sure. It will be a good place to spend those 95 degree afternoons and muggy evenings.

Looks great! Having a temperature controlled working environment with good lighting is a plus.
    Mike Kahle
    Jackson, MO
    IV Classic 582
    RV-12is building

Quote Originally Posted by Kahle76 View Post
    Looks great! Having a temperature controlled working environment with good lighting is a plus.
    Thanks, I agree with you totally .

You might want to consider a mini-split heat pump. I put one in my shop and work warm in the winter and cool in the summer - and, haven't looked back! You can order direct from a variety of internet sales sources, install yourself then have a HVAC guy to the final hookup and the total cost is really reasonable. And, only a small hole thru the wall is required.

I bet those split units are nice, I will check them out. Thanks