Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Recommendation for Ferry Pilot for Kitfox 7 SS

Default Recommendation for Ferry Pilot for Kitfox 7 SS

I just purchased a Kitfox 7 Super Sport with a Rotec R2800, and am looking at options of bringing it back. I'm between flying it back myself or having someone ferry it for me. I am very low time pilot (about 170 hours total including duals for my private, and only about 12 hours in tailwheel), so it might be safer to have it ferried back.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a ferry pilot with a lot of Kitfox experience that can fly it from Brewster, NY to Arizona? I've already gotten in touch with Stick and Rudder, but looking for alternative options.

I know the virus outbreak is on everyone's mind, and I am understanding of that. I don't have a fixed deadline on when to bring it back.

Default Re: Recommendation for Ferry Pilot for Kitfox 7 SS

Congrats on the airplane. Double check with your insurance company to see if they require anything specific for the radial or just time in type. I'm an airline guy with a tailwheel S7. If you don't find the right guy send me a PM. I might have more time off than usual coming up!

Looks like your inbox is full. Let me know when it clears and I will send you a PM.

I now have a lot of time off and would ordinarily love to do it. However.....it’s located right in the middle of virus central....New York. If you don’t find anyone in about a month or so, PM me.

BTW.... congratulations! You’re going to love your new Kitfox.
    Last edited by Russell320; 03-27-2020 at 08:33 PM.
    Russ
    Model IV Speedster
    912UL IVO IFA
    RV6A
    Needle, Ball and Airspeed
    Maybe a little GPS