Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Insurance cost

Default Insurance cost

While I am building the Kitfox SS7 I am flying a Rans S-7 that I finished in 2011. I have had insurance with Falcon for the past several years and each year it has been going up a bit. I have it covered for $45,000. and standard liability, I have over 500 hour tailwheel time 1100 hours total, no accidents or incidents, try to get in 50 hours per year of flight time. I am 66 years wise. I just received the quote for 2020, it just went to $1685.00, this is over a 50% increase in one year.
    I called Avemco as I have the Kitfox covered with them while in the build state, my quote from them for the Rans S-7 was $1006.00 for the same coverages.

Just info for the group.
    Jim

Default Re: Insurance cost

Thanks Jim! I am having to get insurance on my RANS S7 alos and got some pretty high quotes. I didn't check Avemco for some odd reason, actually I think it was because they had quoted me an astronomical price when I had my Champ on floats. Got it elsewhere for nearly half of Avemcos quote. Zero claims every and very similar times as you. A few years young.

My rate from Avemco for just liability on my Avid MK IV was $50 less this year then last. Now at $375. JImChuk

I went through this recently but I’m a very low time pilot. My insulates rates were north of $3000 but butler brown was able to cover me for $2800. I was told that I can expect significant price hikes every year and should do a minimum of 100 hours per year to keep up with the price hikes.

Funny how it goes, we have our Chief with butler brown, so when it was time to renew the Avid, I got a quote from them. They wanted twice as much as I ended up paying Avemco. Funny thing, the Chief with 22,000 hull insureance was only about $25 more then they wanted for just liability on the Avid. And it would have has 2 named pilots on it. And a correction, got the policy today from Avemco on the Avid, and it only went down about $25. Far better then I was expecting. JImChuk