Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Considering selling

Default Considering selling

I suppose this post is a bit overdue as I managed to fly less than 10 hrs last year. My principal concern is a buyer who is safe and responsible that I could sell to with a clear conscience (not to mention financial liability). For these reasons I would be looking for a buyer who is an experienced pilot and would like to convert my tri gear to taildragger, will pull the engine for 600 hr inspection and get a certified A&P to complete the anual. I am also interested in those of you that have a copy of the P&S liability waiver used to transition amature built craft. I am well aware there is not foolproof way to do this but want to take every precaution. Any costs associated with the above requirements would be subtracted from the price so contact me if interested. I intend to determine a fair price with the buyer but expect it will be a very reasonable.
    This is a tough call to say the least.

There are plenty of pictures and the complete history of this craft on this site but will happily provide more if desired.

Last edited by Dorsal; 03-22-2020 at 06:22 PM.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

Default Re: Considering selling

So sorry to read this, Finn. I think I know a little about how you must feel... I sold my Thorp T-18 about 2 years ago. It took me 15 years to build, and then I flew it for 28 years. I think you're wise to find the right kind of pilot. I was lucky and sold mine to the right guy only a few days after I let it be known it was for sale. It's hard to sell your "baby". Good luck, and I hope you're OK.
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime

Will miss you Dorsal. Hope you stay on the forum.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Also hoping you are well Finn.
    Hoping your Kitfox finds a worthy home.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Finn, sorry to hear you are selling your pride and joy. I remember the northeast fly-in back in 2011 that we met and you gave me a ride in your beautiful airplane to demo the autopilot for me. Then your willingness to share your dynavibe with all us forum members, that thing bounced around like last years fruitcake. I am still embarrassed when I remember asking you why your forum screen name was Dorsal after you introduced yourself as Finn.(duh?) Wish you the best and I am sure you will find the right person to sell to. Bruce N199CL

Sorry to hear this, Finn. You will always be welcome here with your knowledge and insights.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Thank you for all the kind thoughts, still hasn't sunk in plus still evaluating the liability issue.
    This has been an amazing group to be a small part of.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

So sorry to hear you are going to sell. The last plane I sold was the most difficult decision. Not an EAB, but I had tons of fun in the Champ on floats. Only reason I had decided to sell was so I could get into the EAB catagory. Tired of dealing with certified issues.

The EAA has a form letter that deals with selling your EAB. I might have a copy of the form but will have to find it.

Do you already have the TW conversion parts?

I know someone that is very actively looking for an airplane. Has military training, commercial license and has looked at a few KF's.

Could you please send me your asking price? Times, etc. I looked at the photos that you have on this site. It is a very nice looking KF!!

I'm sorry you have to sell. Word to wise from someone who just bought a Kitfox, I would recommend waiting a few months until this virus stuff and travel restrictions settle down before selling. There are going to be significantly less people in the market right now due to what's going on. I ended up purchasing a Kitfox in NY just before things got out of hand (early March) and now my airplane is stuck out there until at least end of April, but likely mid May. I'm now stuck paying for the insurance and financing charges without even being able to fly it. I'm sure a lot of other people potentially in the market are thinking about all this stuff, so you will be less likely to find the ideal candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorsal View Post
    I suppose this post is a bit overdue as I managed to fly less than 10 hrs last year. My principal concern is a buyer who is safe and responsible that I could sell to with a clear conscience (not to mention financial liability). For these reasons I would be looking for a buyer who is an experienced pilot and would like to convert my tri gear to taildragger, will pull the engine for 600 hr inspection and get a certified A&P to complete the anual. I am also interested in those of you that have a copy of the P&S liability waiver used to transition amature built craft. I am well aware there is not foolproof way to do this but want to take every precaution. Any costs associated with the above requirements would be subtracted from the price so contact me if interested. I intend to determine a fair price with the buyer but expect it will be a very reasonable.
    This is a tough call to say the least.

There are plenty of pictures and the complete history of this craft on this site but will happily provide more if desired.

I sent you a PM. Sorry to hear about the situation, but may have a solution.