Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Adjustable Rudder Pedal Bracket in 7SS

Default Adjustable Rudder Pedal Bracket in 7SS

Folks:

I am installing the adjustable rudder pedal brackets on my 7SS. I bought the prefab kit, so the brackets cam formed and pilot drilled. The trouble I am having is that the brackets are somewhat shorter than the slots in the center console. The manual says that the bracket should be aligned with ends of the slots. In looking at the brackets, it seems that the aft portion of the bracket should align with the aft portion of the slot, as this exposes all of the cutouts in the bracket. Is this correct ?
    IMG_2092.jpg

Thanks

-Fred

Default Re: Adjustable Rudder Pedal Bracket in 7SS

Here is what I did. I assembled the bracket, slipped it over the lever ( pedal adj handle ) then installed the center console. I then lifted the bracket up so that in the full aft position I had clearance such that the handle stops at the bracket spacer vs having it contact the edge of the slot in the center console. I marked the leading and trailing edge of the bracket onto the underside of the console. Removed everything and riveted the parts into place.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

I did what Eddie did too.

Thanks - I will try that

Fred
    Building 7SS
    Plan 914

FWIIW - I put the bolts in mine the way yours are pictured and then riveted the brackets in. I don't remember what I conjured up to believe there might be reason to remove them (the bolts) some time in the future but oriented this way that won't be possible. Anyhow, they can go in one of two ways - I should have put mine in the other way; that way there are options.