Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New here and planning to buy a kit. Had a few fabrication questions

Default Re: New here and planning to buy a kit. Had a few fabrication questions

Robert I live in SW Michigan and am thinking of ordering the same kit. Let us know when and If you place an order and what the current lead time is they give you. Also would love to come and visit someday when you get the kit.

Quote Originally Posted by efwd View Post
    One day you will want the paper build manual for sure. Today you can just go on Kitfox website, click on Aircraft Kits, then series 7..
    How I didn't see that is beyond me. I have been staring at the order page. Rookie move!!

Quote Originally Posted by mattkalin View Post
    Robert I live in SW Michigan and am thinking of ordering the same kit. Let us know when and If you place an order and what the current lead time is they give you. Also would love to come and visit someday when you get the kit.
    Where in SM do you live? I live in Granger IN (.5 miles from Michigan border) but my shop is in Edwardsburg. Certainly would be nice to have another person to share the build with.

Rob I live in St. Joseph MI which is about 30 mins from Edwardsburg. What kind of lead time did they tell you on your kit?

About a month ago I believe people were saying that the lead time was up around 15-18 months.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

I havent spoke to them about ordering yet. Just looking to start the process soon. Yeah St Joseph is close. I do a lot of fishing in Berrien Springs which is quite close.

I am in Westfield, IN. Build thread here, link to more pics in my profile. If you want to make a road trip sometime come on down.

I used to own a machine shop. I ordered the prefab stuff because I want to fly more than I want to build. I have made enough brackets in my life lol.

Good luck and enjoy it!!!!

I would absolutely come down and say hi. I Was looking at the costs, prefab isnt that much more in regard to the cost of time. I am getting antsy to put in an order.