Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tires

Default Tires

Desser and Aircraft Spruce are marketing a kitfox tire (20/700-8 Nanco). It is a two ply and only rated fore 192#. Seems lightweight to me. Anyone have experience with these tires?

Default Re: Tires

People have been running the smooth, 20x12x8" Nanco/Nanking tires for years on the early, lighter Kitfoxes. They work well and are very economical. Usually can be found for $50 or less on line if you look around. Desser's price of $110 each is quite high.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

I haven't found any other tires for 8" wheel that aren't really large, like 27's. Don't want to go that large. Replacing 16.6/6.5-8 on IV-1200 with 912UL. Any leads?
    thanks,

Wallmart.com (USA only) has them for cheap. $44.15

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nanco-N800-21-12-8/55346860

For you Canadians (like me) I had them sent to the nearest Walmart to me in the USA (Niagara Falls) and crossed the boarder to pick them up.

I have run the Nanco tires you linked.
    They work just fine. I have no complaints.
    Being a 2 ply they wear a little quicker then others if your hard on breaking or trying to hard turn it.
    But with how cheap they are, can't complain. I got about 100 hrs out of mine before I needed to replace and prior to that I have no idea how long they were run. And most of that wear was a lot of high speed taxing when I was learning the plane.

Quote Originally Posted by wahkuna View Post
    I haven't found any other tires for 8" wheel that aren't really large, like 27's. Don't want to go that large. Replacing 16.6/6.5-8 on IV-1200 with 912UL. Any leads?
    thanks,
    Look for snowmobile or boat trailer tires. There are several in the 8” wheel size that work. They’re cheap, too.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

I know that my cherished friends are running these NANCO'S; and I also built my Model IV-1200 with them installed. But that load rating worked on my head during the build. Putting a 1,200 pound aircraft on those light weight Nancos was too much after I finished my Weight and Balance. I went looking.

There are very few options. I settled on the Trac Gard Straight Rib 18x9.50-8 /4pr. The load rating is 1,040 pounds. I was able to buy two, for a wee less than $100, including tax and shipping. (Ebay, "gigatires") Super fast shipping. That is one less thing to think about during Phase 1.

$_1.png
    Grover Wright
    Flying a KF IV-1200
    ROTAX 912UL

Quote Originally Posted by Av8r3400 View Post
    People have been running the smooth, 20x12x8" Nanco/Nanking tires for years on the early, lighter Kitfoxes. They work well and are very economical. Usually can be found for $50 or less on line if you look around. Desser's price of $110 each is quite high.
    How do these nanco's do on ashault?

Mine are wiggly. But then I think all of the fatter tires are from the sounds of it. JImChuk

Quote Originally Posted by GWright6970 View Post
    I know that my cherished friends are running these NANCO'S; and I also built my Model IV-1200 with them installed. But that load rating worked on my head during the build. Putting a 1,200 pound aircraft on those light weight Nancos was too much after I finished my Weight and Balance. I went looking.

There are very few options. I settled on the Trac Gard Straight Rib 18x9.50-8 /4pr. The load rating is 1,040 pounds. I was able to buy two, for a wee less than $100, including tax and shipping. (Ebay, "gigatires") Super fast shipping. That is one less thing to think about during Phase 1.

$_1.png
    Now will these Trac Gard's fit ok on the stock wheel of 20x7-8
    Being 9.5" wide.
    Thanks