Finally feel like I've been making some progress on my build this year but covering an airplane is really slow going (atleast for me. I've been on a crash course to learn how to cover using AirTech Coatings, which I'm really enjoying! Found a great mentor locally (Jeff Rose, a Pitts Builder up in Sacramento) who has gone above and beyond to help me get started. So grateful Jeff!
Probably the best part with where I am in my build, I finally smartened up and brought my tail section and supplies home, and have been covering in my garage in the evenings and weekends (as opposed to out at the airport), which has really kept me moving things forward.

I'm almost finished covering my tail section. Hope to have everything ready for Primer in another week or two. Not without my mistakes (definitely not a show plane), I already had to patch a small tear when my horizontal slipped out of my hand with a rib stitch needle still in fabric. Treating it as a badge of honor now. No way to hide it!Then it's back to the hangar, to begin covering the fuselage. I plan to cover my wings last, and may even bring them home one at a time. Still alot of sanding and prep work to do on the wings before I get to them.
My wingtips are almost complete, with Landing lights installed.

Other updates, I fabricated a tube aft of my left gas tank to pass my ADAHRS wiring (w built in magnetometer), OAT, and heated Pitot Static system to the bay just outside my tank, which weighs absolutely nothing and helped simplify my wire passes because I decided not to go with an external magnetometer. I may regret it but worked out a layout w Dynon which should work well. Only wingtip lighting is going to run down my spars IMG_3719.jpgIMG_3322.jpgIMG_2880.jpgIMG_3141.jpgIMG_3135.jpg. I folded my wings this weekend, and everything appears to work as designed and isn't binding, so I'm moving on. Once I finish my tail section, next up is covering the fuselage. That's it for now!

Kevin Olson
Building, KitFox STi