Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well I guess this goodbye for now

Default Re: Well I guess this goodbye for now

Is there anyone near Dallas/Fortworth that maybe willing to fly into either Parker County or Mineral Wells airport that has a model that has the ss7 style seats/ seat pan. That may be willing to give me a ride, and see if my wife can get in? I'd like to see how it feels on my back.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear about your medical problem Keith. There is an FBO near Denison that teaches in a factory build Kitfox. Not exactly next door I know.

https://halt-av.com/
    Carl Strange
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Oratex, G3X

Thanks I'll check them out when I get home. Next week.

Quote Originally Posted by jiott View Post
    I built my SS7 with partial kits 6 years ago. Started with wing kit (not quickbuild), then fuselage, then landing gear, then engine & firewall forward. Of course now with the long kit leadtimes it may be kind of a problem scheduling a series of partial kits.
    How did you do the wing first, I looked at the assembly instructions, and the first section is rigging the lift struts, which you need the fuselage for.

I built the wing as far as I could go without the fuselage; there was several hundred hours to get to that point. Then when I got the fuse, I finished the wing tanks, #1 rib, and the rigging.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Well decided to go a completely different direction. Do to cost at this point, we are on a fixed income being retired, I decided to scratch build a Zenith Ch750 stol. Then I can save for the avionics and engine. Yes it is kind of ugly but for me affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkertech View Post
    Well decided to go a completely different direction. Do to cost at this point, we are on a fixed income being retired, I decided to scratch build a Zenith Ch750 stol. Then I can save for the avionics and engine. Yes it is kind of ugly but for me affordable.

if you've not started yet, maybe look at these http://kitplanesforafrica.co.za/Pages/Models.asp

Starting to get a few here in europe, but I'm not sure about USA. The kits are available modular and the exchange rate is probably in your favor at the moment.

Good luck with your back operation, only those that have been there really understand the pain. L5-S1 Disc Rupture, 9 years and still walking.