Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kitfox Trailer Build

Default Kitfox Trailer Build

I am looking into building a trailer. This is an example of a trailer build with some similarities to the design I want to attempt . I know the tail gets rather heavy with the wings back. Not sure of the tail wheel weight but i would guess about 300lbs. A modification i would probably do is a roller dolly attached to the tail wheel and the winch that has a spring between the airframe and the dolly to take the extra weight off of the tail wheel for transport. I am not sure of the tail weight but must be around 80 to 100 lbs with the wings not folded. The back of the trailer must go past the prop for protection from behind and to maybe make a hoop system with boat top fabric to fully enclose the airplane in. If anyone has ever attempted this or could chime in that would be great. I am not sure my local airport will be an option in the future and a trailer build like this would give me a lot of options. Here is an old example from the forum.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Starfox

Default Re: Kitfox Trailer Build

When I get back to my computer I can get a picture of the one I built. Still have the trailer, but sold the Kitfox.

There's one for sale in Boise.

Quote Originally Posted by GuppyWN View Post
    There's one for sale in Boise.
    https://boise.craigslist.org/avo/d/c...075520425.html

00j0j_eBmxAa7Zf6L_600x450.jpg
    Dave
    KitFox 6 Taildragger
    912 ULS
    Whirlwind 70” Prop
    Garmin G3x
    All around nice guy

I just finished building mine, will haul either of my KF #0021 with standard length/width bush gear, and #0038 with 4" extended and 12" wider gear, and can haul them with tires or with skis, also a large crossbed toolbox, with a fuelpump, large 12V battery mounted inside to run my winch, 40gallon transfer tank, adjustable jack to lift tail, also modified my travel struts to b user friendly without tools for the hardware. One thing to remember is NEVER haul ur plane without picking the weight off and supporting ur tail wheel.

Problem is im not able to get this site to let me download pic. Let me know if ud like to c a pic or can help with post of pic. Bucky

Hopefully DF4 can help with the pic. I would love to see it.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Thanks Bucky trailer is awesome.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SomeDay7; 02-25-2020 at 03:53 PM.
    Starfox

FYI.... My Kitfox IV-1200 has an empty aircraft tailwheel weight of 42 pounds. When I fold the wings back, the weight on the tailwheel is 161 pounds. My aircraft empty weight total is 666 pounds... I hope that is not an evil omen!
    Grover Wright
    Flying a KF IV-1200
    ROTAX 912UL

Yes. Bucky and I talked about that. Like I said in a previous post; I think the weight wings folded on the 7 would be closer to 300lbs. Don't really know til i build it. His is a model 1 at around 500lbs. He locks his tail in place with no shock absorbsion on it other than the springs of the trailer. Doesn't go far and has no problems yet.
    Starfox