Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: New uAvionix tailBeaconX Meets Requirements for International Travel

Default New uAvionix tailBeaconX Meets Requirements for International Travel

Terry
    ATP, Goldseal CFI/CFII/MEI

SS7
    Portland, OR

Default Re: New uAvionix tailBeaconX Meets Requirements for International Travel

Terry
    ATP, Goldseal CFI/CFII/MEI

SS7
    Portland, OR

Default Re: New uAvionix tailBeaconX Meets Requirements for International Travel

I wonder how much weight we can put at the extreme distance from the hinge pins, without inviting flutter ..

Quote Originally Posted by atosrider View Post
    I wonder how much weight we can put at the extreme distance from the hinge pins, without inviting flutter ..
    Exactly what I was thinking. I hope there is a good answer. I am touching up paint on a Cessna 150 and my mechanic and I both like the idea of removing the ailerons for painting followed by re-checking the balance.
    Kitfox Vixen 912 ULS
    N24V at C29

I don't think there is a flutter problem because many folks have been installing tail beacons for years, with or w/o the ADS-B; but if you are concerned a simple test would be to tape on a similar weight on the rudder where you intend to put the beacon and go flight test it at your Vne speed.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS