Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Desser tire owners

Default Desser tire owners

Do you have any defects/blemishes like I do on my Desser tires?
    I have a total of 6 new tires from Desser and they all have crack lines going across the tire. Desser sent two replacements to replace the defective tires I had, but they had the same issues. Then they sent two new pre-inspected ones, but they also have the same issue. If these are just blemishes,I can deal with it, but Desser has never indicated this.
    These are new Aero Classic 27.5/10-8 FAA approved 4ply tires. $590 each
    Last edited by yoda; 02-18-2020 at 05:52 PM.

Default Re: Desser tire owners

What airplane are these on? Did you post on Facebook about this a couple weeks ago? If not, there is at least one other person out there that is having this issue. For what it's worth that does not look normal to me.

Man, that is a shame. I wouldn't fly those. I will be looking for a different tire if that is all they are capable of delivering.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

This is the reply from Desser.
    “The line you see is called rubber flow line and this comes from the tire mold were the rubber slightly overlaps or comes together. The line will disappear, ”
    I’ve decided to keep the tires and keep an eye on it. They say it’s part of the manufacturing process and are safe.

I am very skeptical. Reminds me of a cold joint when waiting too long between concrete trucks. The first pour sets up and the second pour comes too late and the joint doesn't set up together. Bad Joint. So, I did a little search. First page came up with "Defects that can Occur in a Product after Rubber Compression Molding." Among them is "Flow Lines". Take a look. https://www.rpmindinc.com/defects-ca...ssion-molding/ I won't buy These tires again if this is their quality. I have never seen tires on the road like this and I won't accept it on my plane. The last thing you want is that layer of rubber come slinging off at landing. If Im not mistaken, this crack extends into the sidewall and you will not ever convince me that it will wear away with use. My 22" Dessers don't have this characteristic so it tells me someone is not running the equipment consistently and they are gambling on the reliability for the sake of the sale. Be careful. Trust your gut. Im just a consumer so this is just my opinion. If someone else has data they would like to share, please educate us further.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

I agree Eddie, if I were in the market for 27" tires I would sure be looking elsewhere. I am about ready to buy the Desser 22", but now am holding off based on their poor response to this issue. If they cannot supply anything better, the least they should do is offer a full refund, and then suspend production until they fix THEIR production problem. Have never seen a tire like that, even a cheap trailer tire.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Jim, I'm local, so I can visit Desser to put eyes on a pair of tires for you if needed. Just say the word.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

I sent you a message regarding the dessers!

I just received my Desser 8.50x6 22" tundra tires and they appear to be perfect after a close inspection. I ordered them thru Aircraft Spruce (very good price and free shipping) because I figured they might be easier to deal with in case of problems. Seems as though all the problems of late have been limited to the 27" tires.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS