Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Canadian advanced ultralight registration

Default Canadian advanced ultralight registration

I have a kitfox V outback that I would like to register as an advanced ultralight in Canada. It appears that kitfox is no longer offering a “Declaration of Conformity “ for this model. Does anyone have any ideas how I ca do this? Transport requires this document for initial registration.

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

Default Re: Canadian advanced ultralight registration

Just register it as an amatuerbuit.
    An Outback has a 1550 lb gross weight. I believe an advanced ultralight is limited to a 1232 lbs gross weight.
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    Airmaster AP332CTFH-WWR70W
    Summit Aircraft Wheel Skis
    C-FOXW

Mine is a 1400lb version. I am in the final stages of ultralight instruction rating. I would like to use it to do flight training in. The precover has been done by MDRA and I’m almost ready to ask for final inspection, but I would like the option to register it as an advanced ultralight

Quote Originally Posted by adam.rigden View Post
    Mine is a 1400lb version. I am in the final stages of ultralight instruction rating. I would like to use it to do flight training in. The precover has been done by MDRA and I’m almost ready to ask for final inspection, but I would like the option to register it as an advanced ultralight

Amateur built is in a higher category than Advanced, you can fly an Amateur built aircraft aircraft with an Ultralight license, (or any aircraft for that matter as long as the aircraft is with the weight category)

I believe you cant have passengers for the first 5 hours of the 25 hour flight testing, after the 25 hours you will get your certificate of airworthiness and are able to do
    anything your license allows (Carry passengers if you have a carry passenger endorsement, provide flight training if your a CFI, and so on)
    Last edited by 4Hummer; 02-16-2020 at 11:17 AM.

you're way better off with the amateur built category, especially if you have already succumbed to the big fee,
    happy motoring