Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IVOProp, 912ULS, Prop Extension and, Spinner

Default Re: IVOProp, 912ULS, Prop Extension and, Spinner

Tom, I wonder what's your choice for the upgrade

Carlos

I'm very happy with the IvoProp setup and props can be one of the most difficult decisions to make. Good comparative testing is almost non existent (several props used on the same aircraft under like conditions and results posted). Selection often comes down to personal preferences...

One consideration is a personal wish for a scimitar shape with hopes of a lower noise signature.... my main goal to to have a lower total weight, and lowering the Mass moment of inertia (hope I got the term right). Long store short my engine rebuilder expressed concern in this area and so I'm looking. In the end I may make no change, because of the things mentioned.

I recently experienced a ground-loop. I am now in the other group of those that have. . . in the end, I nosed over and the prop struck the dirt. I was at full idle and the prop and I was using an IvoProp. The prop seemed to give way in that it did not break but twisted and absorbing the energy. The dial-micrometer showed no deviation on the prop hub from zero (whew). It appears that this was a category one strike as defined by the following document.Part61 Rotax Prop Strike.pdf
    20210221_132333.jpg

I've already obtained replacement blades. I'm sticking with the IvoProp because the infrequency of major damage related to this prop. I'm sure there has been. I just haven't heard of any.
    EAA, AOPA
    KF5 (N49FK & N36KJ)
    Phoenix, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by GuppyWN View Post
    If you haven’t found what you’re looking for I have a IVO 70” ground adjustable with spacer and aluminum spinner I’d sell. I’m unsure of what it’s worth.

Attachment 24072
    Hi, did you ever sell this prop? I’m interested and live in Meridian.

Quote Originally Posted by AV8R-Mike View Post
    Hi, did you ever sell this prop? I’m interested and live in Meridian.
    Sorry Mike. Sold it way back.