Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: CopperState 2020.

Post CopperState 2020.

CopperState 2020 is in the books. Weather was pretty good with cool mornings and mostly light winds. When the sun had time to rise and warm things up a little, jackets could come off.
    Traffic by the Kitfox booth was brisk with no let up in enthusiasm for our great aircraft’s desirability.

Great to spend time with John and Debra again and talk with all the folks of like mind.😀

A big congrats to a new member of our Kitfox community and future Kitfox builder and flyer on filling out an order form and putting down a deposit on his aviation dream. I’m sure we’ll hear from him sometime in the future. Always exciting to see that process. I have no doubt there will be more examples of this happy occasion repeated soon as a result of this weekend’s activity.

Thanks to all who took time to stop and visit and all the kind comments about the “Monarch butterfly” Kitfox owned by Steve and Caroline and all the nice comments about my Model 7 SS. We hope they inspire others to pursue their Kitfox ownership. We had several local Kitfox owners fly in for one day or partial days attendance. Missed my chance to get photos on those aircraft. Apologies for that. The booth was pretty busy. Found a quiet moment to snap a photo of both.
    1125E818-57AD-4280-B694-6F4D4EC314ED.jpg 17BEAE6D-2C4F-435C-A60D-2EE677068CB9.jpg
    Thanks for stopping by Violet and trying on my Kitfox to see if it fits. It does.❤️👍
    91DE0D0F-ED48-4F95-99AB-7B0F3A3F5280.jpg

Eddie, it always great to see you and so nice to spend time with your son and meet your mom. You did a fantastic job on “ Midlife Crisis”. Thanks so much for flying over and spending time with us.👍 Hoping we can make time to fly sometime together.
    98F81B72-99E8-4A5A-ABBF-658BEC33B8D4.jpg 840330A2-2DE2-4C2D-B0FF-44B3A009D47A.jpg 6C5B2D92-84C9-4981-ADE1-3724EEC17BE3.jpg

I had a few brief chances to spend a little time with our TeamKitfox.com site sponsors. Thanks to AeroLEDs, Dynon Avionics, California Power Systems and of course Kitfox Aircraft for sponsoring our site and keeping it free for all our members to access and for supporting great fly-ins like CopperState.

Thanks to my brother Tom and sister-in-law Monica for accommodations and incredible meals at their airpark home in Salome, AZ during the show. What a nice way to start and end your day with a 35 minute Kitfox flight traveling to and from the fly-in. The scenery wasn’t bad either.
    36D74EB4-0BE8-4A94-9509-200F39F79314.jpg 39EB4679-21DF-43F7-90AA-0825C932A4F1.jpg

Oshkosh is next for me. Hope to see many of you there this summer. Time flies so make arrangements soon. Fly safe.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Default Re: CopperState 2020.

Steve, it was a pleasure for myself and my wife to visit with you on Thursday . I really enjoyed learning about team kitfox history. Thanks for your hard work keeping this site running so smooth. Harlan and Susan Payne

Harlan, it was nice of you and Susan to stop by and visit. I had a really good time and hope you both enjoyed the fly-in.
    Thanks for the nice words about the site. I’m amazed that we just passed 7,500 members. I remember when we had 200 and wondered if we’d ever see 1,000 members some day. The interest in the Kitfox is growing every day.
    Harlan maybe we’ll see you at Oshkosh this year? Hope so.😀

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Lord willing we will see u at oshkosh. We should be building by then. Kit date is early April!

Great meeting you, Steve. Thanks for show casing Violet. She was enamored with all the Kitfoxes.

That butterfly Kitfox was a killer design pattern!

Great to meet you Ali and she is a cutie. Future Kitfox pilot no doubt.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Hey Steve. Thanks for the hospitality this weekend. Just got home from the weekend. Got weathered in so I had to send my son home on Southwest. It was a beautiful flight home today. Lots of Low N Slow. Well, not so slow. I had coarsened up my pitch before the trip and Im getting 125mph. I think I could do it at 5400rpm actually. I know, too much pitch IMHO. I definitely noticed the slow accelleration on takeoff. Till next time.
    Eddie
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Thanks for closing your flight plan Eddie.👌 Always good spending time with you. Very good to meet your son and your mom.
    “Midlife” moves right along. You built a really nice Kitfox. Congrats! Keep in touch.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear