Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Been Fishing?

Talking Been Fishing?

So,

Do y'all remember when you're fishing and you have a bite? What's your first reaction? Yeah, that's right, you yank back on the pole and set the hook! Well, that happened to me today!!!! Man, what an awesome experience. I was fortunate, and blessed, to have the oportunity to fly a Model 3, 912s powered, grove gear equipped Kitfox this afternoon. I had made the "aquantance" via this forum of Pete Christensen, aka Peteohms, about 3 months ago. We'd been talking about getting together so that I could look over his baby. Finally, today, we got that opportunity and had a great day to fly. We only had about a 5-10kt crosswind, and I thought 73BH handled it wonderfully. Of course, with a couple of "larger than life" guys in it, it would sit nice and solid in a Cat 5 tornado if we needed it to.Anyhow, what an experience. Then to top it off, as if that wasn't enough to smack that KF smile on my face; I was just about to leave the FBO and another KF owner here at KILE walked in and I was blessed again to get to see his KF 4 Classic. Not yet had the opportunity to fly in it, but the offer is on the table and when time permits, he's willing to keep sinking that hook in deeper.

Well, how do you thank a guy for flying up to your location and taking time to share his love and passion for flying with a fellow aviator and a rotorhead like me? Not sure, but I'd like to thank Pete again for such a great time. I've basically been given the "go ahead" by House Hold 6 to be looking for a KF to buy, after I finish my C-12, King Air 300, training in Oct of next year. Can't wait!!! Thanks again Pete, and for all you out there, like me, who don't yet own a Kitfox, but dream of it, keep dreaming and set out a goal to ride in one ASAP. WHOOOOO! I love it!
    Last edited by Pilot4Life; 12-19-2009 at 08:05 PM.
    Chris Holaday
    Looking at the Model 5 or newer for size!

Default Re: Been Fishing?

Awesome~!! sounds like a great early Christmas present ~!! you can still see the scar from where the hook caught me 15 years ago ,..I wear it proudly

Chase

Hey, I was glad to let Chris fly my Kitfox III. We barely fit. In fact we were so close that I think we are engaged now. Our climb suffered a bit too. We had to swing our legs side to side with the stick.
    Pete
    Leander, TX
    Model III SN 1000
    Grove

Been there Pete. Loved everything about the 3 except the cruise speed and
    small baggage compartment.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear