Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Oil thermostat vs adjustable oil cooler blocking

Default Re: Oil thermostat vs adjustable oil cooler blocking

I made a simple bended piece of aluminum that I just pressure fit into the NACA inlet. I had to cut out the hole in the middle to adjust how much air got to the oil cooler. It works great and is super easy to make. I put tape on it to keep it from scratching the cowling.
    Radiatorblock.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Fox View Post
    Note the bushings that the rods pass through.
    Brilliant !

You have a part number or a name for those bushings ?

Also what is this attached to? must slide somehow ?
    slider.jpg

4hummer
    Here is the Amazon link for the bushings:Hobbypark 12pcs 02101 Steering Plate C-Hub Bushing Sleeves for Redcat HSP HPI Bullet MT 3.0 WR8 Flux
    The piece of aluminum that all of the rods are connected to does not slide in anything. All of the rods connect to it and the end of the cable. Hope that makes sense. I am still in Phase 1 but so far the shutter has worked well. I close it to warm up the oil and coolant faster and open it a little as needed. Still playing with it to hit the sweet spot in colder temps.
    Joe Gallagher
    Flying 7SS

http://frontierfox.home.blog

It would sure be nice to have scale plans for that louver system. Hint, hint.
    EAA, AOPA
    KF5 (N49FK & N36KJ)
    Phoenix, AZ

I wish I could help you with that. My drawing skill are that of a third grader. My technique is to think what needs to happen, measure, think it over for a few days, then start building. I write down a few notes on my steel bench with soap stone Page through my blog for more pics, it really wasn’t that hard to do but was time consuming.
    Joe Gallagher
    Flying 7SS

http://frontierfox.home.blog