Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: GSC Tech III vs IVOProp Ground adjustable performance comparison

Default GSC Tech III vs IVOProp Ground adjustable performance comparison

Hi chaps

Currently got the GSC Tech 3 blade, but it looks like I'm about to scrap it.

Considering replacing with an IVOProp ground adjustable 3 blade ultralight.

Has anyone else done this change and got any before and after performance figures?

Aircraft is a mk2 with Rotax 582 bluetop 2.58:1.

Before anyone chips in with other props, I'm in the UK and there are only 3 pre-approved props for the mk2 with the 582 + 2.58 gearbox here. The GSC, the IVO and Warp Drive. I'm not keen on doing the whole approval thing on a different one here. Only IVO has a UK stockist/agent

Thanks

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

Default Re: GSC Tech III vs IVOProp Ground adjustable performance comparison

I don't have 582 experience, but have flown 600 plus hours with an IVO medium , it is a decent prop and easy to adjust in the ground adjustable configuration. I flew with a ground adjustable GSC on a Rotax 503 many years ago, it was a very nice prop compared to the fixed pitch prop that it replaced. I would lean towards the IVO.
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    Airmaster AP332CTFH-WWR70W
    Summit Aircraft Wheel Skis
    C-FOXW

Default Re: GSC Tech III vs IVOProp Ground adjustable performance comparison

I should have states in the first post, the pre-approved versions are all 68" 3 blade versions, varying from that starts a much longer paperwork and testing trail.