Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: What is this kitfox model ???

Default What is this kitfox model ???

Greetings from the Czech Republic. Please give your opinion, what model series Kitfox is most similar to this aircraft? A friend is considering him. Thanks a lot for your ideas.

Snímek obrazovky 2020-01-17 v 9.53.42.pngSnímek obrazovky 2020-01-17 v 9.53.55.pngSnímek obrazovky 2020-01-17 v 9.54.13.png
    Avid Raven 1996
    Zenair CH701 Sky Jeep 2015

Default Re: What is this kitfox model ???

The shape of the door tells me it is either an Avid Flyer A model, or a Kitfox 1. If you had posted a picture of the mixer controls for the flaperons, I could have narrowed it down further. Kitfoxes have 8" wheels, Avids used 6" wheels. That could have been changed by a builder also, I have 8" Kitfox wheels on my Avid, cause I wanted to use the larger Nanco tires, but it came originally with the 6" wheels. Both Avid and Kitfox models fuselages I mentioned are 36" wide across the top back of the seat. Later models were 39 1/2". Also, Kitfox lift strut for model 1 and 2 were 98" from hole to hole on front lift strut. Later Kitfoxes are about 10" longer if my memory is correct. JImChuk
    Last edited by avidflyer; 01-17-2020 at 08:24 AM.

Default Re: What is this kitfox model ???

Hello. Thanks a lot for the information. It was reportedly built in the Czech company Aero Kunovice. But I don't think the original plans from Kitfox / Avid have been used. The seller in this matter probably also unclear. I asked him for more photos. Maybe they will help determine the type. There is not much of the original Kitfox in the Czech Republic.
    Paul.
    Avid Raven 1996
    Zenair CH701 Sky Jeep 2015