Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rant about BasicMed

Default Re: Rant about BasicMed

Quote Originally Posted by Agfoxflyer View Post
    As a side note I asked him what a digital rectal exam had to do with my qualification to fly. He said he didn't know but "you have a butt hole, we are not going there" CHECK!!
    Used the AOPA info to help my doctor understand it the first time. He mentioned it was very similar to the DOT physical (not sure if he meant in scope or risk to him).

Anyway he is a former Military guy. When we got to the rear end portion of the exam, he said it is on every government physical. "Nothing shows that the government has power more than forcing you to drop your drawers and bend over!"

Wish I had known about the Basic med/ Faa medical 4 year thing, I just had my class 3 done. Sounds like I should have asked him to do the Basic maed at the same time.

as soon as I said FAA my DR. said he could not do it, I printed the AC and showed him how it works.

He told me that he has got a number of new regular's after doing a Basic Med exam for them.

Take the time to show your DR how it works

David Kelm
    7SS 912iS Big Bore