Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: 912IS Fuel filters

Default 912IS Fuel filters

I have a 912IS. I run 100LL 100% of the time. How often are people cleaning the the Smaller 60 Micro element. How often are people replacing the 8 Micro filter?
    Kitfox Model SS7 E-AB
    Airmaster CS
    G3X touch

Rotax 912 IS
    Eastern Missouri

Default Re: 912IS Fuel filters

Hi Monty
    100hr for the fine filter. Having said that, It would be wise to verify it by taking a look at the Rotax 912iS Maintenance Manual. You can download the maintenance manual on the rotax website. It delineates all the required maintenance by the hour. Of course the little filter is not mentioned in the manual as it isn't part of the Rotax system to my knowledge. I believe that part comes from Kitfox Aircraft and is part of their 912iS installation manual. I will inspect or replace that filter at my 12 month inspection. I just sat down with the FSDO this morning for my repairman certificate. Much to learn about when inspections and services are due when it comes to experimentals. Maybe someone who has been doing this longer will have something to add but all your Rotax times are in the manual. 100LL fuel shouldn't impact the interval for these filters, only the lubrication system.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Quote Originally Posted by efwd View Post
    Hi Monty
    100hr for the fine filter. Having said that, It would be wise to verify it by taking a look at the Rotax 912iS Maintenance Manual. You can download the maintenance manual on the rotax website. It delineates all the required maintenance by the hour. Of course the little filter is not mentioned in the manual as it isn't part of the Rotax system to my knowledge. I believe that part comes from Kitfox Aircraft and is part of their 912iS installation manual. I will inspect or replace that filter at my 12 month inspection. I just sat down with the FSDO this morning for my repairman certificate. Much to learn about when inspections and services are due when it comes to experimentals. Maybe someone who has been doing this longer will have something to add but all your Rotax times are in the manual. 100LL fuel shouldn't impact the interval for these filters, only the lubrication system.
    Thank you very much. That is very helpful. I just finished Rotax service school and they were saying 100 hours but the manual says 200 that is why I wanted to get input. Thank you very much.
    Kitfox Model SS7 E-AB
    Airmaster CS
    G3X touch

Rotax 912 IS
    Eastern Missouri

exactly. That is why I never rely on my recall but try to provide a source for verification.. Things change. It now says the oil changes are half as frequent as what my first manual says. Meaning far fewer changes than previously called for. I use 100LL always as well so....
    I will be downloading the updated manual annually.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X