Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
How many rpm will you have to spin it to?

Reason I'm asking (totally different plane and application) a Q200 uses a IO-200 and they claim it's a continuous 90 hp engine. It gets hot on climb out they claim so it's like a 5 minute max 100 hp.

Then I swear, every guy who has one claims 120-125 hp as they upped the compression from 7:1 to 9:1 and they all think it's an instant 20 hp?

The pmag I am guessing are the electronic mag's that require a constant power source?
bumping compression that much makes a huge difference, plus with digital ignition you can add or remove timing which again helps a ton. standard 0-200 exhaust is terrible. power pulses are constantly fighting back against the next pulse of exhaust exiting the adjoining cyl. There is no need to spin it fast as the power increase comes from the increase of downforce from the higher compression/timing/free flowing exhaust. A 20 hp increase is easy to attain by just increasing efficiency. Remember, the mods have to compliment themselves, smoother more free air coming in, more compression to utilize said air, and a better way out.