Hi everyone,

First of all happy new year to all of you fellow builders!
Then let me introduce myself:
I'm Belgian, from the Flemish/Dutch speaking part (I know I live in a complex country ). And after a 1,5 year wait I finally received my kit at the end of November. Not only in the USA, but also in Europe Kitfox is starting to become famous again. Personally I went for a Kitfox 7 Speedster because actually it fills the gap between the ultralight(ULM) and the "certified SEP" legislation in the European market. Sadly enough we don't have the great backcountry flying like you guys have so an STI is little use in Europe. But for alot of European GA pilots the main goal is:
-to haul a reasonable load (impossible in a ultralight with the low ULM MTOW restrictions we have)
- at a cheap cost (100LL is @ 2,55€/L up here, that's roughly 10.7$/USG. Whilst UL95 is widely available at a much lower cost)

So flying a Kitfox speedster with a Rotax 912, registered as experimental seemed the way to go for me to reduce my flying bills and still have good fun at a decent speed! Next to that I simply love to build stuff, so the build part is even as exciting as flying it.

I've been reading through this forum for the last 3 years, and the great community support is for sure one of the reasons why I went for Kitfox. You're never alone!

I do already have a first question.
What are you guys thinking about the corrosion protection on the self fabricated Alu and SS parts. I know it's been discussed before for the wing spars. But for all the self fabricated brackets I don't know if I need to only alodine them or also epoxy prime them? And how about the stainless steel parts (e.g trim scissor links), altough the manual specifies it, it seems strange to epoxy prime them whilst they'll be moving parts.

Thanks for the help!

Tom