Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Model IV 912 fuel line

Default Model IV 912 fuel line

Time to reconnect the carb balance tube on my 912 install. The Kitfox kit includes a piece of raw aluminum tubing to replace the original tube from the factory because you have swapped the intake manifolds and now the carbs are further away from each other. The original tube on my engine has an extra port and what I am assuming is a shut-off for easier carb balancing, as well as a fuel line attached. Seems like something worth saving, if practical.

IMG_0063a.jpg

I assume I could just get some additional 11mm hose to extend the balance tube to reach. It would be about 6" lengths on each end. Any issues with that?

The fuel line is harder; it has banjo fittings at each end that attach to the carbs and one in the middle that acts as the tee. All of the fittings are crimped. Anyone ever make or have one of these hoses made? Where would I get something like that?

Anyone else end up reusing this piece, or is it just smarter to use the straight tube provided and buy some barb fittings for the carb inlets?

Default Re: Model IV 912 fuel line

Did a little disassembly last night, and found that the block that I thought did something great with the balance tube doesn't actually do anything with it. All the screws and caps are access to the same fuel line. So it is just a manifold for the fuel lines. And, the port on the balance tube must just be where you'd plug in a MP gauge if you were using a flight-adjustable prop. Doesn't really change the questions. I'd still like to know if it would be better to try to keep the balance tube with the port and the fuel manifold.

Where do you buy fuel hose fittings for the inlets to the Bing carbs? Is there a banjo-to-barb fitting that is used, or do you just use a straight NPT-to-barb fitting? What is the thread in the carb?

Try L.E.A.F. or California Power Systems. Both are sponsors of Teamkitfox.com and have adverts on top of every page. Both are Rotax dealers and have all these parts. Which ones you need may be related to the age of your engine.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear