Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: 618UL(74.6hp) Info

Default 618UL(74.6hp) Info

Hi everyone! Happy belated New Year to all the kitfox family!

Looking to rebuild a kitfox mk2. Has the grey head rotax currently that needs to be over hauled. Just from sitting more then anything.. I do want to put something with more hp because the plane will be used on floats. I heard of the 618UL(74.6hp)
    But cant find much info on it. I have read about the 670 rotax on here but I must admit I'm a bit wary of the 670. I have not had any real success with that engine in sleds.. understanding that there is some difference I'm sure when getting into the 670ul(if it is a true ul670..

Any help would greatly appreciated!

This build is all about power to weight and reliability!

Thanks!!!

Default Re: 618UL(74.6hp) Info

I had a 618 in my Model 4 up until this summer. Had over 300 hours on it when I sold the engine and swapped it out for a 912. Flew great with that engine. Lots of power for a model 4.

Thanks Tyler...

Appreciate the info.. it seems to be tough to get anything on the 618.

I hoping to restore and built a good performing Kitfox that I am trying to finalize a deal on. we have a private lake in Kenora that I want to keep float plane on..

Greatly appreciate the help.. I will need a good reliable engine to be flying up into the northern lakes as you can well imagine!

Only real issue I ever heard regarding the 618 was the RAVE valves. Mine were replaced and according to the logs the previous owner never had any issues. I see you live about an hour away from me. If i still had the 618 in it id take you for a ride.

I would love it you bet. Live in lab. Look me up on fb. I could message you with a number if you like..
    This site is super useful. Good group of people.

Trying to track down a guy by the name of joel who had a kitfox 2 in winnipeg. Can't seem to find his last name!

Quote Originally Posted by tylerhamm View Post
    Only real issue I ever heard regarding the 618 was the RAVE valves. Mine were replaced and according to the logs the previous owner never had any issues. I see you live about an hour away from me. If i still had the 618 in it id take you for a ride.