Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Flight test check list, and expected performace

Default Flight test check list, and expected performace

I am a long ways out yet but is there a link or anything to help new builders know what to expect on the Kitfox?

Default Re: Flight test check list, and expected performace

Hawker,

Assuming you meant flight characteristics?

Kitfox sells a book titled "Kitfox Pilot's Guide" which I believe is very good at describing the various flight characteristics and behavior of Kitfox aircraft on a per model basis - also includes performance for various engine combinations. I have an earlier version titled "How to fly a Kitfox" - the new one is an update. I keep my copy in the map box on the plane as supplementary data to my POH. IMHO I'd put this book as a must have for anyone learning to operate a Kitfox.

EAA's flight test manual which was produced within the last year or two is not Kitfox specific; but, is an excellent is guide to phase 1 testing of an experimental aircraft.

The EAA product along with the Kitfox guide and the FAA's guidance document on EAB testing provide a solid foundation on how to become a successful test pilot for the craft.
    Dave S
    Kitfox 7 Trigear (Flying since 2009)
    912ULS Warp Drive

St Paul, MN

And go to Stick and Rudder and fly the airplane closest to what you will build. Invaluable experience.

Thanks Ill look into that book. And I plan on stick and rudder but it will be closer to completion of my build. I was reading the EAA guide, and it got me thinking of something a bit more specific.