Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: jetting 582 for winter.

Default jetting 582 for winter.

I would like some advice on jetting 582 blue head for 20to30 degrees f at 1800 ft MSL. I have bing carbs. thanks for the help!

Default Re: jetting 582 for winter.

Hi Farmboy, when I was running a 582 raising the needle one notch took care of cool/cold weather operations then in May I drop them drop down for warmer weather operations. Its a matter of removing the cowl and removing the top of the carb pulling the slide out of the carb body, disconnecting the cable and moving the "C" clip and reinstalling.
    GB
    Flying a HKS Kitfox III and a Champ

MN Flyer, I am a new Sport Pilot and new to the forum. I posted elsewhere in the general discussion a problem with my 582. I just bought a Kitfox III that hasn't flown much in last 10 years. The engine was ruinning but I went ahead and had it torn down, new seals put in and rebuilt. Issue is the engine is running now but the Rotax Mechanic can't get the RPMs up over 5,000 w/o the EGTs getting close to redline at 1,100. Any ideas. He has changed the pitch on the prop. I'm running out of options and looking everywhere. You can call my cell if you like @ 317-506-2854. Thanks . Keith

Hey again Keith, I was thinking "912" concerning your rpm. You should be turning more like 6000 to 6200 static. I'd check the tach and check to make sure the carb slides are opening all the way. Problems like this are usually so simple we overlook them. James Thomas
    Last edited by jrthomas; 12-19-2009 at 09:06 AM. Reason: left something out