Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: wing and strut weight

Default wing and strut weight

I am building a 7 SS , can you folks give me a weight of what the finished wings and struts most likely would scale out at? I am installing a 0-320 160 HP , Whirlwind , keeping everything simple. I am using estimated weight and balance test sheet as I go along. Just running numbers , I Thank All of you for your posts and comments . Billy

Default Re: wing and strut weight

I would like to forward information I received yesterday from Brian Bowen, I called Brian up after watching his wing construction video and he was a wealth of information both from his videos and on the phone with the " wing weight estimate " . He weighed one wing, called me right back with this info., with pitot , w/o wing tip, no paint , for a 61.8 lb., figure. Off of this I can add my wing strut weight and a 4 lb., estimate for paint, landing light and strobes to do estimated weight and balance while I am under construction. Just something I like to do for my own interest while building.
    I also ordered my Berringer wheels and brakes from Brian. Keep up the good work on this forum, it is priceless ! Billy

Default Re: wing and strut weight

I used to tell people, "Build your kitfox by the book and you won't have a weight and balance problem". I'm not sure if that statement is still true.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder