Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Tf-124

Thumbs up Tf-124

Hello again all you wise men,

What is the Speedster convertion on the model IV?? >Stupit question, is it.. yes ok. I am reading about Kitfoxes for sale like >most Speedster done etc.. I was looking at the otherwise nice Kitfox web, but could not find the speedster explanation.. While I am at it > what is a Mark IV?? There you have it. All for now..

I just fly my old Kitfox ( had a 3 hrs flight today in the beautiful winter sun, wonderful for body and mind in this wonderful plane that the Kitfox is )
    - Thanks in advance.

Kind regards
    Hallgrimur TF-124

Default Re: Tf-124

Hello Hallgrimur,..

sounds like you had a wonderful flight

from what I have gathered ,..the differtence's between a model 4 and a speedster model 4 ,..the speedster has ,..shortened wing,..aerodynamic tail surfaces,..a trim tab on the elevator,..wheel pants,..and a radiator scoop,..all of this to clean up the aerodynamics to increase speed .
    Some countries call the model 4 a mark 4,.also I think some Avid aircraft are called Mark - 3,4,5,..some people confuse the two aircraft,..the kitfox and the Avid

there is also a model 4 1050 and a model 4 1200 ,.the model 4 1200 has the ability to become a nose gear aircraft without adding any weld on parts,..the model 4 1050 needs welded on ad on parts ,..the mode 4 1200 has larger struts then the model 1050 which increases the payload from 1050 to 1200,..

there may also be other subtle changes that I'm forgetting ,..
    but what's great about this site ,..someone else with better knowledge is always a click away from reading a post and updating it with points that are missed ..

Chase
    Last edited by SkyPirate; 12-15-2009 at 08:29 PM.

Speedster also had 4 flapperon balance weights instead of 2. The Speedster may have had a thicker windshield also.
    The Model 4 Classic is the version that is convertible from tailwheel to nose gear without modifications welded to the fuselage. It was originally a SkyStar product. The Model 4-1200 was a tail wheel only from the factory.
    The Model 4-1050 has a slightly shorter vertical stabilizer and rudder than the Model 4-1200.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Thanks for this info reg speedster and more!

I understand that you strengthen the wing and tail section for more stress with incr speed aswell as decr drag. I was looking for where/what do you take off the wing and/or where do you (if you do) put in new ribs.. Same with the tail section etc. Can the Model 1050 be converted or is it the Classic 1200 only. Thanks again!

Kind rgds
    Hallgrimur TF-124

Hey, and also the shorter wing and the false ribs. These are partial ribs from the leading edge between each full rib. VNE on my Speedster is 140mph. James Thomas