Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tangerine

Default Re: Tangerine

Ordered mine with dual brakes and pedals, In case a pax needed them, but my DW has knee problems and needs to stretch her legs out, so I am reconsidering the dual rudder/brakes.

Very nice Steve! I like the colors. Something different👍🏻 Well done‼️
    Jeff
    KF 5
    340KF

Beautifully executed DF4. Your planes weight (or lack of it) is impressive!
    "Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive." Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: N46KF, 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul 110hp, G3x with 2 axis a/p, Beringer wheels & brakes, SS7 firewall forward, NR prop, Custom paint

Thanks Jeff and Brett. Jeff, the color was kind of a happy accident. I saw a very similar color on one of Bill Prokes molds for a carbon piece he was working on one day in his shop. He provided Air-Tech with samples and they got it so close it was scary. Bill painted all the fuselage, wing struts, jury struts, landing gear, flapperon weights, rudder, horizontal struts and cowlings for me. Also, he did all the layout of the paint scheme that Phil Laker and myself had envisioned a year or two earlier. Nice to have artists not only with vision but the skills to execute the design. I couldn’t be happier as I’m no painter. I couldn’t imagine doing this project without these two gentlemen. It was so life enriching to spend so much quality time working with Phil and Bill.
    When all of Bill’s attention and time unexpectedly was pulled in another direction for a good while, my Kitfox family members came to my rescue to finish painting wings, flapperons, spinner, wing tips, elevator, horizontal stabilizer, fairings, gas caps, and assorted bits and pieces. They’ve been so supportive of this build as were Phil Laker and Bill Prokes, from the very beginning to the finish line. Of course I’m talking about John and Debra McBean of Kitfox Aircraft. John offered to make his paint booth available when there wasn’t a customers project occupying it to finish my paintwork.
    John was down to Arizona last March on a very fast paced trip delivering some lucky builders kit, picking up some parts at Phil Laker’s shop, visiting all too briefly with friends and had room in his trailer for my wings and things. John hauled them north and stored them for me until June when the paint booth would become available for an amount of time to knock out my remaining parts. It may have been timing or fate that everything worked out but really it was the McBeans that saw to it that it worked out. Now just having the booth available would have been incredible on it’s own but to have Judd Parker’s time and talents in the booth was a real score. Brandon, Rod, Michael, Brently, Stan and of course John all pitched in to assist with the completion of Tangerine’s beautiful paint scheme. Thanks to all the Kitfox Aircraft team for all your kindnesses. It was a real pleasure spending nearly a month this summer watching this amazing bunch of dedicated people work. They even helped load my parts into the Budget rental truck and properly secure all components for safe transport back to Arizona when time came to leave for home.
    A big thanks to Debra for putting up with me that long. She is one amazing person. I got to really watch what her days are like. Incredible energy, focus and dedication and not a minute from sun up until way after sundown that was not efficiently utilized. Oh, and her phone, it never stops ringing! I so enjoyed spending this time with my Idaho friends and so appreciate their support. I was also able to meet several Kitfox Aircraft customers and help test fly a brand new Kitfox and fly with Paul Leadabrand.

There are more people to thank in the journey from kit to flying Kitfox like Murle Williams letting me cover my fuselage in his shop wayback when I started this journey. All the great folks that stopped by the shop during construction and some who pitched in and helped even for a few minutes or just encouraged me with words of support. Thanks all.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Looking good, Steve! Will we see her at OSH this year??
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

That is one of my concerns, I am no artist so I will need to find a local painter and paint booth.

Very nice, I like the colors and the lines, well done. Waiting for the flight and handling reviews.

Gorgeous. From what detail I can see in the photos, it is obvious that this was truly a work of love and I'm guessing closeups will reveal lots of attention to detail. Congrats.

Thanks Larry, Jim and Darrell.😀

Larry, yes the plan is AirVenture 2020 or bust.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

I am hoping to make Airventure this year for our first time. But we will be in our RV coming from Oregon from a Lance RV Rally. (no not rv the plane)