Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lead Time for New S7 kit?

Default Re: Lead Time for New S7 kit?

Great Product, Great Customer Service, A lot of planes completed, Excellent build manual. Oh, and a Great community on this Builder Forum.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Bumped this to see if there is more up-to-date info out there on lead times as of NOV2020. Sounds like it was 18 months this time last year. Any idea if/how it's changed? I imagine the current state of the world isn't helping speed things up. Thanks!

Dave

I placed my SS7 order a week ago and the projected delivery date is April 2022.

Hi all, back in Sept I contacted kitfox to ask this exact question and yes told it would be over a year or so. I decided to post in the forum, " looking for model 4 project" and with some luck ,patients and THE FORUM, a fine gentleman from Alaska contacted me to offer to sell me his model 4 project. Feel very fortunate to have a project so quickly coming my way! I guess this is the problem when demand exceeds supply! On a good note, what that say about kitfox?
    Cheers!

That's awesome, and congrats! Fortunately, I'm not in a situation to start anytime soon. I've got about two years left of grad school, after which I intend to start building, so an 18 month lead time works pretty well for me. Gives me a solid 6 months of planning and research before cutting a check!

Very happy for you as well as planning for such an incredible project like building a kitfox is not a bad thing. All the best in your lead time before you have your kit!