Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Balance Master

Default Re: Balance Master

I ordered part no. 15-05828. Maybe the part no 15- 09450 is the correct one, I thought the one I ordered was for props, and the others bolted onto the engine. I was hoping someone who has purchased one could confirm that. Thanks for the reply.
    John

Eddie, did you buy a Balance Master? If so, what is your opinion of the Balance Master? I have the IvoProp IFA. Were there any issues installing the flywheel? Would you do it again?

Fred
    EAA, AOPA
    KF5 (N49FK & N36KJ)
    Phoenix, AZ

I did not buy the balance master. The dynavibe did a nice job as far as I can tell. If I recall, John had put up a post on his findings and I went with that. Dave put one on his KFS7 without using the Dynavibe and he was very pleased. He is using a Whirlwind IFA prop.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

I took a bullet on this and bought a Balance Master. I have to say, I am impressed. But, let me be completely honest. I nosed my plane into the dirt and ruined my 72" IvoProp. I replaced it with a 70" and I put on the Balance Master at the same time. I was getting some vibration but it wasn't devastating. I just didn't get the smoothness I anticipated however, having put the subsequent prop on at the same time I decided to pull the prop and switch two of the blades around in position and bingo. I found a sweet spot. Now when I pull the power to descend it is smooth in most all RPM ranges and in the dreaded 2700-3300 range the vibration I get a far more comfortable experience. Climb and cruise is very much more pleasant. I think had a dyna-vibe been available to me, I would have gone for it but in the absence of one, I'd do the Balance Master again.
    EAA, AOPA
    KF5 (N49FK & N36KJ)
    Phoenix, AZ