Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: information and pictures for replacing 532 with 582 (582 installation info)

Default information and pictures for replacing 532 with 582 (582 installation info)

Hi,

I cant seem to find any good info for setting up a rotax 582. The airplane had 532 previously. Using the same engine mount and some of the accessories. It would be nice to see good photos of how the oil mixer, carbs, ignition and the other electric plugs can be set up. Dont have access to another plane with a 582.

thanks!

Default Re: information and pictures for replacing 532 with 582 (582 installation info)

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Default Re: information and pictures for replacing 532 with 582 (582 installation info)

If you are located in Iceland. Call 8561110. I can show you my plane.

Kveðja Steinar

Default motor mounts for the 582

I need the rubber i think they are the lord mounts were can I get them ? Ready to install engine but can"t find the mounts

Wondering if this is what you’re after.
    https://www.leadingedgeairfoils.com/...mount-set.html

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Mine is different from the above pictures and uses Lord 150PD-30. You can get these at Leading Edge Airfoils.

https://www.leadingedgeairfoils.com/...t-diamond.html

They are like the ones in this picture:

Kitfox 582 mount.jpg
    John Brannen
    Morris, IL
    Sonerai IIL (Single Seat)
    Kitfox 3/4 1050 - Rotax 582 (Back Flying and sold)
    Kitfox IV 1050 - Rotax 582 (sold)
    Kitfox IV 1200 Speedster - Rotax 912 UL (project)
    Piper Twin Comanche (Sold)
    Glasair 1 FT (Waiting to start)

Quote Originally Posted by 109JB View Post
    Mine is different from the above pictures and uses Lord 150PD-30. You can get these at Leading Edge Airfoils.

https://www.leadingedgeairfoils.com/...t-diamond.html

They are like the ones in this picture:

Kitfox 582 mount.jpg
    I ordered some mounts from leadingedgeairfoils and they were perfect except the center hole needs to be .39 they only have the center hole of .26 can"t seem to be able to find them with the center hole of .39. leadingedge only has the .26 any other places I might be able to get the correct size?? The picture is the exact mount that I have.

The 150PD-30 Lord mounts are the ones that my Kitfox IV uses. They come stock with a 1/4" ID bushing that the Kitfox build manual instructs to drill out to 5/16". I doubt that the bushing has enough room to drill out to 3/8". In order to get a 3/8" ID, you would have to go to the Lord 200 series platform mounts but then the base would be thicker.

If you find one in this https://www.lord.com/sites/default/f...orm_Mounts.pdf that has the dimensions you need, just search the internet for the part number.
    John Brannen
    Morris, IL
    Sonerai IIL (Single Seat)
    Kitfox 3/4 1050 - Rotax 582 (Back Flying and sold)
    Kitfox IV 1050 - Rotax 582 (sold)
    Kitfox IV 1200 Speedster - Rotax 912 UL (project)
    Piper Twin Comanche (Sold)
    Glasair 1 FT (Waiting to start)

Rick,

I do not have a 582; however, I am aware that Lord has several versions of its diamond platform mounts.

The lord 150 series has a bolt hole dimension of 0.26" (6.5mm)

The Lord 200 and 200X series have the larger 0.39" bolt hole.

They also have a 100 series diamond platform mount but it has a really small hole.

If you check the Lord website, they show all of the specifications; and, Aircraft Spruce shows both the 150 and 200 series mounts but they have limited dimension info on their website - other than for standard certificated aircraft..

Because there are so many versions - I think it is imperative to speak with a representative of the firm you buy the mounts from unless you have an exact part number. You might try contacting LEAF and explaining the wrong size bolt hole and I bet they could sort it out.
    Dave S
    Kitfox 7 Trigear (Flying since 2009)
    912ULS Warp Drive

St Paul, MN

Quote Originally Posted by 109JB View Post
    The 150PD-30 Lord mounts are the ones that my Kitfox IV uses. They come stock with a 1/4" ID bushing that the Kitfox build manual instructs to drill out to 5/16". I doubt that the bushing has enough room to drill out to 3/8". In order to get a 3/8" ID, you would have to go to the Lord 200 series platform mounts but then the base would be thicker.

If you find one in this https://www.lord.com/sites/default/f...orm_Mounts.pdf that has the dimensions you need, just search the internet for the part number.
    Thank you so much I will try to drill to 5/16 sounds like the best option.